Tuition and Fees
The University of Iowa tuition and fees are approved by the Board of Regents and published by the Office of the Registrar. Tuition and fees are based on a student’s program of study and the number of hours of enrollment.
Once you are officially registered, you can view your Tuition & Fee assessment in ISIS > Student Records > Finances and Billing > Tuition & fees.
To determine your tuition and fee responsibility before you register, consult the Registrar’s Tuition and Fee tables. First locate the table that corresponds with your college and classification. Next select whether you are a Resident of Iowa or a Nonresident. Then select the number of hours for which you plan to enroll.
- If you enroll in only distance education courses (**see list of exceptions below), you will be assessed tuition and the mandatory technology fee based on your program of study and semester hours of enrollment.
- If you enroll in distance education courses and one or more on-campus courses, you will be assessed tuition and all mandatory fees (not just the technology fee) based on your program of study and total semester hours of enrollment.
**Exceptions: This method of assessing tuition and fees does not apply to: Public Health off-campus; MBA for Professionals & Managers; workshop enrollments (section WK* identifiers); Lakeside Lab enrollments; or CIMBA.
There are some course enrollment costs that are not considered tuition.
- The cost of textbooks is in addition to course tuition and fees.
- A separate Course Fee will be assessed if the course requires specific materials or resources. Course fees are listed on the ISIS Course Detail page.
- A late registration fee is assessed if you enroll in your first course for the session after that course has begun. Late registration fees are assessed on the following schedule:
- $30 for day 1 to day 5
- $60 for day 6 to day 10
- $100 after day 10
View tuition responsibility when you drop or withdraw from a course.
|Prospective Students||Current Students||Veterans|
|If you're considering the University of Iowa...||If you are in the BAS or BLS programs...||The University of Iowa is committed to serving those who have served our country. Learn about Veterans Services now.|
Questions? Call 800-272-6430