Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Accelerate your career with an online BBA from the University of Iowa's Henry B.Tippie College of Business
You now may earn an undergraduate business management degree from the nationally acclaimed Henry B. Tippie College of Business at the University of Iowa! The online BBA was created for students who seek an educational experience unlike any other.
This program allows you to learn from nationally distinguished faculty through dynamic online courses and to leverage the outstanding resources of the University of Iowa for successful career advancement.
Online BBA students are able to earn a BBA in Management with a concentration in the Entrepreneurial Management track. You will be challenged to become an entrepreneurial-minded leader with innovative management tools, strategic problem-solving expertise and business planning skills.
Entrepreneurial-minded leaders contribute directly to the successes of their organizations. Managers with an entrepreneurial spirit are innovative, creative, and are quick to recognize and seize upon business opportunities. Additionally, they are widely known for their unique ability to develop and execute winning business strategies.
Advance your career....accelerate your life. Apply today!
- The Tippie Advantage
The Tippie Advantage
The programs of the Tippie College of Business are built on the principles of integrity, innovation, and impact.
These three words describe and inspire what we do here at Iowa. The College is respected around the world for the strength of its academic departments and the community it builds among its students, staff, and faculty. U.S. News & World Report ranks the Tippie undergraduate business program among the top 25 business programs at public universities in the country.
Tippie graduates benefit from an international network of Iowan alumni and are prepared to pursue a wide variety of professional careers.
Learn why an undergraduate business degree from The University of Iowa is the clear choice.
Get to know alumni, students, and faculty at the Tippie College.
See some of the most notable alums of The University of Iowa.
Graduates with a BBA in Management in the Entrepreneurial Management track are in high demand due to their abilities to motivate, lead, and inspire others.
As a management major, you'll:
- Learn principles of management and leadership
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Discover strategies to turn an opportunity into a new business
- Enhance your innovation and creativity skills
- Learn how to lead teams and motivate people
- Develop strong communication and negotiation skills
- Establish professional relationships to enhance career opportunities
The online courses are structured to meet the needs of both traditional students and working professionals. The courses follow an instructor-paced schedule incorporating streaming lectures/presentations and fully interactive, real-time class meetings utilizing the Elluminate Live! virtual classroom technology.
You interact directly with your instructor and classmates regularly throughout the semester. Additionally, you gain real-world experiencethrough innovative experiential learning opportunities as part of the curriculum.
In addition to learning from distinguished faculty, you have access to the University's outstanding student resources, including:
You also have opportunities to apply for scholarships, study abr n new business competitions, and attend Tippie and University of Iowa events.
Complete the following:
|Prerequisites (Required for admission) 15 s.h.|
|--Math:1380 Calculus & Matrix Algebra for Business||prereq: Math 1340 or satisfactory score on placement exam||4 s.h|
|--Stat: 1030 Statistics for Business||prereq: Math:1005||4 s.h.|
|--Econ:1100 Principles of Microeconomics||4 s.h.|
|--Acct: 2100 Introduction to Financial Accounting||(not available online)||3 s.h.|
|Business Courses (Required before beginning major) 9 s.h.|
|--Econ: 1200 Principles of Macroeconomics||4 s.h.|
|-Acct: 2200 Managerial Accounting (not available online)||prereq: Acct: 2100, Econ: 1100, Math: 1380||3 s.h.|
|--MSCI:1000 Business Computing Essentials||2 s.h.|
Course & Graduation Requirements
View Course Requirements
Additional graduation requirements include:
- 120 Total Hours (see #2 on degree audit)
- 48 Business Hours (see #4 on degree audit)
- Includes all 06 courses except 06E:001 & 06E:002
- Must include 24 UI business hours (see #6 on degree audit)
- 60 Non-Business Hours (see #8 on degree audit)
- Includes all non-06 courses, 06E:001, & 06E:002
- College of Business Residency (see #11 on degree audit)
- 30 s.h. at UI after admission to the College of Business
- GPA requirement (see #1, 3, 5, 7, 9, & 10 on degree audit)
- 2.0 GPA in all courses, UI courses, business courses, UI business courses, major courses, and UI major courses
- Degree Application
- Submit application on ISIS after completion of final semester registration. The Registrar determines if requirements are met.