For the summer of 2016, Lakeside Lab and the Friends of Lakeside Lab are offering a limited number of $200/week (4 week max.) room and board scholarships to qualified students who register for a Lakeside Lab course and have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above. In exchange, students provide 2.5 hours of service each week at the campus. To apply, please follow the instructions contained in the on-line registration form when you register for your Lakeside Lab course.
The Friends of Lakeside Lab administer seven special scholarships:
- The John Clayton Kingston Diatom Fellowship, to support the teaching assistant in the Ecology and Systematics of Diatoms course;
- The Charles W. Reimer Scholarship to support a student in Ecology and Systematics of Diatoms;
- The Jane Goodall Scholarship, to support students or visiting researchers;
- The G. Dennis Cooke Aquatic Ecology Scholarship, to support research in aquatic ecology;
- The Parker/Gentry Scholarship, to support students taking Lakeside's Conservation Biology course.
- The Eugene F. Stoermer Diatom Scholarship, to support students and researchers in Ecology and Systematics of Diatoms.
- The Undergraduate and Graduate Summer Research Fellowships at Iowa Lakeside Lab, to support undergraduate and graduate student researchers.
Please see the individual pages for these scholarships for application information.
If you qualify for scholarships, student aid or other kinds of support at your home institution, you should be able to apply this to Lakeside courses. Please check with your financial aid office.